Support Your Museum + Enjoy The Benefits
By joining one of our membership schemes, you’ll be helping protect Colchester’s heritage!
Whether you decide to become a Museum Guardian or a Castle Pass holder, your support enables us to keep preserving the town’s incredible history and offering visitors of all ages a fun-filled and memorable day.
It’s a win, win!
Become a Museum Guardian
Buy a Castle Pass
By becoming a Castle Pass holder and visiting Colchester Museums, you are supporting the conservation of our heritage, preserving it for future generations.
The excellent value Castle Pass scheme provides annual admission to Colchester Castle for a great price! Come back as many times as you like to see how the exhibits and interactives change.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I find the small print?
Admission tickets, Guard Cards, Castle Passes and guided tours can be purchased at the Castle on the day.
There is an additional fee for small activities admission, usually around £5.
You will need to call us to pre-book if you are expecting to bring a group of 12 people or more. Simply contact us and we will be happy to help you.
- You can find further details on the different membership options by following the links below:
How can I spend my Museum Money?
- Museum Money vouchers are valid for Castle entry, in the Castle Shop, for any After Hours booking such as Dark Tours, Escape Rooms, Sleepovers, and birthday parties, any ticketed Colchester Museums tour, talk or event, and in the Castle or Natural History Museum shops.
- Only one Museum Money voucher can be used per transaction.
- Museum Money vouchers cannot be redeemed in the Hollytrees Museum Gift Shop because it is not operated by Colchester Museums Services.
How long are Museum Money vouchers valid for?
- Museum Money vouchers are valid for one year from date of Membership purchase or renewal and are valid only while you are a Guardian Member of Colchester Museums Development Foundation.
I’ve Lost My Museum Money Voucher, Can I Get Another?
- Vouchers will not be replaced if lost, stolen or destroyed.
Can I exchange my Museum Money for cash?
- Vouchers cannot be refunded or exchanged for cash or other vouchers.
Can I gift my Museum Money to a friend or family member?
- Vouchers cannot be sold or gifted to any third parties; they must be used along with your Guard Card.
How long does my Membership last?
- Both Museum Guardian membership and Castle Passes last for one year from the date of purchase, unless set to auto-renew annually.
Who can be the +1 on Individual + 1 Guardian Membership?
- +1 benefits are valid for one named Member, plus a guest of their choosing. The guest does not have to be the same person each time and does not have to live in the same household as the named Member.
How many people can be on a Family Guardian Membership?
- Family Membership is for two adults plus two 4–18-year-olds living in the same household, or one adult plus three 4-18-year-olds living in the same household.
Can I add extra children to my Family Guardian Membership?
- Additional under 18 Members can be added for £5 per child. Please come into Colchester Castle to add any additional under 18 Members to your Membership, this cannot be done online.
Do under-fours count as Members on a Family Guardian Membership?
- Children who are under four years of age do not need to be included in Family Guardian Memberships as they can enter the Castle for free. If your child turns four during your Guardian Membership period, they can be added to the Membership for an additional £5 per child.
Can I give my guest passes to friends or family?
- Guest passes can be redeemed with or without the presence of the named Guardian Member.
Can I cancel my pay monthly Guardian Membership?
- Pay Monthly memberships are for a minimum of twelve months. If direct debits are cancelled before this membership term, an early termination fee will be incurred. After twelve months, your direct debit can be cancelled with your bank at any time.